Fire crews tackle lorry trailer fire at site where councillors had raised safety concearns in the past
Fire crews were called out this afternoon, Monday 8th December, after an articulated lorry trailer containing paper caught fire.
Crews from both Deeside and Flint were called to the scene along with the aerial ladder from Wrexham at around 1.45pm
Its not known the cause of the blaze, the trailer was parked at the premises of a paper recycle firm Paperback.
Shotton councillors have had concerns about the Paperback recycling site for sometime raising fears about the risk of fire due to tonnes of waste paper stacked in a yard behind the main building.
The trailer fire appeared to be around 30 metres for the year towards the front of the main building, there are no reports of any injuries.