Queensferry Roundabout: Traffic management measures set to start on Monday
It was billed as traffic armageddon by some of the more excitable commentators, but last week was no different to any other for commuters travelling through Queensferry.
Despite large yellow signs telling us dreaded roadworks were due to start on all roads leading to the roundabout from Monday February 8 nothing much happened, from what we gather the past week has seen contractors secure the works compound, not bad idea to be fair, and do some test drilling.
Signs have now gone up telling road users that closures will take place from Monday, February 15.
Here comes the fun; Traffic management measures are is due to be established at the Station Road/Chester Road East junction as of Monday 15th February
This will consist of 4-way temporary traffic signals, and they will remain in place for the duration of the works, until at least late March.
Dispatches from Flintshire Council also say “The bottom section of Aston Road, between the bus waiting area and the eastbound off slip (near Asda) is due to be closed on Monday 15th February, this will remain closed for the duration of the works.
Overnight slip road closures are due to take place between 8pm and 6am:
- Eastbound off slip Monday 15th February/Tuesday 16th February
- Westbound off slip Wednesday 17th February.
There will be a signed diversion route either via the St. Davids Interchange (for the westbound closure) or the Deeside Industrial Park Interchange (for the eastbound closure).
The £600,000 Queensferry roundabout improvement scheme will take around 12 weeks to complete and the council are warning those who travel through Queensferry to expect delays and disruption.
Work will include:
- Widening of slip roads from the A494 to the Queensferry roundabout.Widening of the Queensferry roundabout to create extra running lanes.
- Remodelling of the junction of the B5129 and the B5441 at ASDA.
- Signalisation of all the approaches to the Queensferry roundabout.
- Upgrading and linking all existing and new traffic signals.
- During the works it is anticipated that slip roads from the A494 onto the Queensferry Roundabout will be closed for periods to facilitate widening and signalling works.
Access to businesses and properties in the vicinity of the works will be maintained while the work is underway. Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com