Posted: Tue 14th Jun 2022

Warning sounded over fires triggered by disposable barbecues in North Wales

News and Info from Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales
This article is old - Published: Tuesday, Jun 14th, 2022

A warning has been sounded over fires in North Wales which have been caused by disposable barbecues. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

It comes after a blaze sparked by a carelessly discarded disposable barbecue spread to the outside of properties on Wynnstay Road, Colwyn Bay in the early hours of this morning. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

Last night, North Wales Fire and Rescue Service was also called to a fire on Kings Avenue, Llandudno caused by a disposable barbecue. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

Meanwhile, a fire in Treaddur Bay was triggered by hot coals being placed in a bin. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

The fire service said: “Once you have finished cooking on your disposable barbecue, please make sure that you extinguish it properly, and leave ashes to cool completely before disposing of them.” ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

More advice on barbecue safety can be found here. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​


Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com

Latest News

  • Countess of Chester Hospital gets approval for new £110m women’s and children’s services building
  • Minister warns of “unintended consequences” of hiking taxes to fund NHS pay
  • Tesco offering free blood pressure checks to all shoppers and Welsh residents on Valentine’s day

  • More...

    Countess of Chester Hospital gets approval for new £110m women’s and children’s services building

    News

    Minister warns of “unintended consequences” of hiking taxes to fund NHS pay

    News

    Tesco offering free blood pressure checks to all shoppers and Welsh residents on Valentine’s day

    News

    400,000 families in Wales to receive next Cost of Living Payment in Spring

    News

    Digital pound could be in use by end of decade

    News

    Durham University bound student from Flintshire wins science award for outstanding A-level results

    News