Road closures in Chester for the Duke of Westminster Memorial today
Roads are closed in Chester today due to a memorial service at Chester Cathedral for the late Duke of Westminster who died in August.
Up to 2000 people including members of Royal Family are expected to attend today’s service which begins at 2pm.
A huge security operation is underway with police guarding routes to the cathedral however, Cheshire West and Chester Council are stressing ‘it’s business as usual’ with city centre shops and the Christmas Market open as usual.
Pedestrian access to premises situated on or adjacent to the roads affected will be maintained at all times.
Roads around the Cathedral are closed including:
- Northgate Street from Princess Street to Eastgate Street
- St Werburgh Street, full length.
- Eastgate Street, full length
- Foregate Street from Eastgate Street to Love Street
- St John Street, full length
- Bridge Street from 6m north of Feathers Lane to Watergate Street
- Watergate Street, from Bridge Street to Nicholas Street
- Northgate Street from Canal Street to Princess Street
- Hunter Street from its junction with Hunters Walk to its westerly end.
The footpath from City Walls from Bell Tower Walk to steps near Frodsham Court.
Restrictions are expected to be lifted from 6pm on Monday
Lockdown begins @CWAChead @ShitChester pic.twitter.com/uFxC7dyG43
— fantomsnapper (@fantomsnapper) November 28, 2016
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com