Posted: Wed 24th May 2023

Million-visitor milestone for Chester’s new market

News and Info from Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales
This article is old - Published: Wednesday, May 24th, 2023

Since opening its doors in November 2022, the new market in Chester has attracted over a million visitors in under six months.

Locals, as well as visitors from across the UK and beyond, have been drawn to the market’s unique offering.

This success story hasn’t gone unnoticed. The travel industry has praised the market’s role in revitalising Chester’s city centre.

Chester was recently recognised as one of the UK’s best high streets, and National Geographic featured the city as one of the top places to visit this year.

Further, the new market has been shortlisted in this year’s Property Week Awards in the Placemaking category.

This accomplishment stands as a testament to the council’s ambitious Northgate Development Phase One scheme.

The ‘modern traditional market’, offers an inclusive space open six days a week that features a wide range of goods, produce, food traders, as well as hosting various events and performances.

Councillor Nathan Pardoe, Cheshire West and Chester Council Cabinet Member for Inclusive Economy, Regeneration and Digital Transformation, said, “Reaching this milestone in under six months is an incredible achievement and a testament to the hard work of our wonderful traders and staff.”

Cllr Pardoe further encouraged everyone to visit the market, promising a great summer ahead with new traders joining and an outdoor seating area to enjoy food and drink in the sunshine.

The market boasts a diverse mix of traders, with 60 per cent offering goods or produce and the remaining 40 per cent comprising food and beverage stalls.

From authentic global street-food and traditional English cafés to a variety of goods traders such as opticians and vintage clothing stores, the market has a rich offering catering to everyone’s taste.

If you’re yet to experience the vibrant atmosphere and diverse offerings of Chester’s new market, visit https://newchester.market/traders to see the full trader line-up.

Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: [email protected]
Latest News

  • Flintshire Council faces backlash over three-weekly bin collections
  • Chester Zoo mourns sudden loss of beloved Asian elephant Sundara Hi Way
  • Flintshire Council approves three-weekly bin collections

  • More...

    Flintshire Council faces backlash over three-weekly bin collections

    News

    Chester Zoo mourns sudden loss of beloved Asian elephant Sundara Hi Way

    News

    Flintshire Council approves three-weekly bin collections

    News

    Eluned Morgan set for First Minister job – likely to stand unopposed

    News

    Redrow graduates transform school space at Flintshire village school

    News

    Updated: A494 all lanes clear following earlier collision

    News

    Future generation get sneak peek inside new Women and Children’s Building at the Countess of Chester Hospital

    News

    Holywell students excited to be shortlisted for Yr Wyddfa eco competition

    News

    £240,000 fine for Cheshire company after fall left man from North Wales paralysed

    News