Posted: Mon 21st Aug 2017

Group of youths allegedly film themselves forcing horse to snort cocaine in Hawarden

News and Info from Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales
This article is old - Published: Monday, Aug 21st, 2017


Campaign Advert

Several national newspapers reported on an incident which is said to have happened last Wednesday evening in the Hawarden area.

It’s alleged a group of teenagers filmed themselves forcing a horse to snort cocaine according to the media reports.

North Wales Horse Watch, a Facebook group dedicated to sharing crime prevention information with horse owners in the North Wales area posted a message on Facebook;

“Young males have been seen tampering with a horse in the Hawarden area Wednesday at 8.30 pm a picture has been circulated around social media groups, If anyone has any information can they please ring 101”

The following day four national newspaper websites including MailOnline, The Metro and The Mirror carried a story supplied by news agency Mercury Press about the youths forcing the horse to snort cocaine.

It’s alleged a 15-year-old girl filmed the incident on her phone and posted it onto Snapchat, she later showed her mother the video.

The horrified mum who wished to remain anonymous reported it to North Wales Horse Watch.

In the video, the youths can be seen using a key to scoop out a small amount of a white powder, and while it is not clear what the powder is, those sharing the video claim It’s cocaine, according to the news reports.

In the video, the horse is seen moving its nose inquisitively towards the key at which point the powder is pushed into the animal’s nostril.

The horse immediately recoils while the group of youths laugh loudly.

DISTRESSING CONTENT: Video uploaded to You Tube by Caters News Agency purportedly shows a youth in Hawarden forcing the horse to snort drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvxAS_pRUD8

In a quote in The Mirror, the mother who is from Hawarden, said: “I’m absolutely furious.

“It’s just heart-breaking. The horse could have died at the very worst, or lost its career at the very least as a result of becoming seriously ill.

I think they were just kids who wanted to see what happens when a horse gets high and made it high to find out.

We didn’t know what it was a first but we found out it was cocaine.”

Officers from the North Wales Police Rural Crime Team shared the MailOnline’s story of the incident on Twitter, in a follow up tweet they said the incident had not been reported to them.

Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: [email protected]
Latest News

  • MS Jack Sargeant presses for swift action on Sandycroft and Pentre flood protection projects
  • Airbus apprentice turned Coleg Cambria educator heads to WorldSkills 2024
  • Welsh Royal Colleges urge action on child health

  • More...

    MS Jack Sargeant presses for swift action on Sandycroft and Pentre flood protection projects

    News

    Airbus apprentice turned Coleg Cambria educator heads to WorldSkills 2024

    News

    Welsh Royal Colleges urge action on child health

    News

    Special free screening of dementia awareness films at Cineworld Broughton

    News

    Theatr Clwyd reveals cast for crime drama Rope

    News

    A494 Drome Corner to Queensferry Interchange: River Dee Bridge crossover and junction improvement works

    News

    Flintshire Council issues nearly 100 fines to parents over their child’s absence from school

    News

    Jade’s Law passes ahead of Parliament’s dissolution ahead of general election

    News

    Welsh Ambulance Service risk not being able to fully respond to terror attack due to handover delays

    News