Ewloe based Redrow PLC picked as an anchor company by The Welsh Government
The Welsh Government has announced that Redrow along with five others will become anchor companies to support its target economic sectors for growth.
Anchor companies are global or international organisations with Welsh headquarters or significant corporate presence in Wales that the Welsh Government has committed to working closely with to create growth in their sector.
The six new anchor companies are:
- Boparan Holdings, with five sites in Wales including Sandycroft (Food Sector);
- JCB, Wrexham (Advanced Materials and Manufacturing Sector)
- SPTS Technologies Ltd, Newport (Technology Sector)
- Redrow Plc, Ewloe (Construction Sector)
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, Felindre (Life Sciences Sector)
- Packaging Coordinators, Hay-on-Wye (Life Sciences Sector)
Economy Minister Edwina Hart said:
“I am pleased to announce that we are further consolidating and building partnerships with these six new anchor companies. They are all important employers in Wales and are vital to creating growth in their respective sectors.
“I am focused on ensuring that we continue to support all anchor companies across Wales, growing their jobs and wealth to the benefit of the Welsh economy”
Welsh Government works closely with all the anchor companies individually but also brings them together in regular engagement events, sharing best practice and updates as they look to create jobs, growth and wealth within the Welsh economy. Each anchor company has a dedicated account manager appointed to strengthen the links between Welsh Government and the private sector.
The six new anchor companies will join the existing group of 38.