Airbus apprenticeship information event being held at Broughton this Saturday
Aspiring aerospace professionals looking to take their first steps towards a high flying future can find out more about apprenticeship opportunities at an Airbus Group Apprenticeship Information Event being held at Broughton
The leading aircraft and satellite manufacturer took on more than 100 apprentices at its UK facilities in Filton, Broughton, Stevenage and Portsmouth this year and applications for entry in 2017 are now open.
HR Director and UK General Manager Mark Stewart said:
“Airbus Group apprenticeships are a proven springboard into careers in the thriving aerospace sector and the prospect of a salary and no tuition fees, combined with hands-on work experience and qualifications as the ultimate payoff is extremely attractive to many considering their future.
“The value of our apprenticeship programme speaks for itself with so many going on to extremely successful careers in aerospace and aviation.”
Airbus and Airbus Defence and Space offer a range of early careers programmes including apprenticeships, work experience and graduate placements.
Over the last five years alone Airbus and Airbus Defence and Space have trained 500 external apprentices and a further 300 internal apprenticeships.
Internal apprentices are existing employees that have an apprenticeship paid for by Airbus to help them develop an entirely new skillset.
To find out more about apprenticeships, come along to the Airbus Information Event taking place at the West Factory (A380) at the Broughton plant on Saturday 12th November (1.30pm – 4pm)
To apply online, visit the Airbus Group website: Click Here
· Undergraduate Apprenticeship (Engineering) – This sponsored degree is a specialist programme designed to develop high level aeronautical engineering skills. It leads to a BEng Aerospace Engineering (Manufacturing) in the third year, and combines job-related and academic training. Participants can also achieve a professional IEng level qualification.
· Undergraduate Apprenticeship (Business Support and Industrialisation) – This sponsored degree enables you to work in various Business areas supporting the construction of the wings, such as Industrial Planning and Lean Management. It leads to a BA (Honours) in Leadership and Management, as well as professional accreditation with the ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management).
· Undergraduate Apprenticeship (Finance) – Leading to a degree equivalent certification and professional accreditation with the Chartered Institute of Management Accounts (CIMA), this programme will equip participants with the right qualifications and practical experience to kick-start their careers in Finance.
· Supply Chain Higher apprenticeship – Supply chain logistics support the integrated supply chains within all areas of the business. It manages the supply base of hundreds of external suppliers responsible for parts and materials consumed during the manufacture process. The programme leads to Level 2 Foundation Apprenticeship and NVQ in Logistics Operations Management as well as a CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) Certificate Level 5.
· Craft Apprenticeship – Through a Craft Apprenticeship you can become a skilled craftsman e.g. Aero Structures / Aero Systems / Plant Services Centre. During the 38 month apprenticeship you would be expected to complete both academic and vocational qualifications to satisfy the frameworks.
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com