News and Info from Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales

Residents in a Flintshire village were told to keep windows shut due to fire in derelict building yesterday

Residents in a Flintshire village were told to keep windows and doors shut on Saturday evening because of a fire in a derelict building.

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service said it was dealing with a fire in Coed Talon near Pontybodkin which is understood to have started around 8pm.

The blaze took hold in a derelict building at the former Clwyd Alloys site known locally as the ‘Gem.’

A post on social media by North Wales Fire and Rescue Service stated: “We are currently dealing with a derelict building fire on Corwen Road, Coed Talon #Flintshire.

Residents in the local area are advised to keep windows and doors closed due to smoke in the area. #Staysafe”

Local resident Sam Jones shot the footage below while the fire was at its height, he told Deeside.com the fire service had put the blaze out at around 11.30pm and were pulling down some unsafe structures.



Megan Beech posted a video (below) on Facebook of the fire service arriving at the scene earlier this evening.  

More as and when …

*Want to speak to the most engaged audience in the area? Find out more about advertising on Deeside.com - Click here  
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});