Police investigating hoax bomb threat made to Connah’s Quay High School

NOTE: This content is old - Published: Monday, Mar 21st, 2016.

Police are investigating hoax bomb threat made to Connah’s Quay High School.

Officers were called to the school today Monday March 21st, after it was reported a post had been made on Facebook threatening the school.

In what the school are describing as a rogue post the person posting the threat states:

‘Right now there is a bomb strapped in my jacket! I am currently stood in the girls bathroom of the middle floor, anybody who enters, the school will get blown to pieces! It goes Anybody calls the emergancy (sic) services? Bye bye school, me and some of my friends are currently working on something and are using this bathroom!

Police say they were called at 12.10pm following the threat, Sgt Wesley Williams said;

“We were called to bomb alert at the school at 12.10pm today.  It was quickly established that this was a hoax call which we are currently investigating.”

Flintshire County Council confirmed there had been a hoax alert on social media in relation to Connah’s Quay High School, a spokesperson said;

Whilst the disruption and concern caused by such an incident is always regrettable, key priorities are always to ensure that everyone is safe and to minimise disruption to learning.

Any threat is reported immediately to police who promptly assess the situation.

The School Deputy Head Ann Peers published a statement this afternoon on the school website reassuring pupils and parents saying;

I can confirm that this was a hoax, the school has worked with the police to ensure that this was the case. We have taken every precaution to ensure the safety of learners and staff at the school.

The school continues to operate as business as usual.

Screenshot from 2016-03-21 17:04:34

Greg Dixon Headteacher said:

“The first priority is to make sure children and staff are safe and then to minimise disruption to learning.

“If a threat was assessed as credible we would immediately evacuate the school. Police are investigating the incident, but believed the alerts to be false and pupils were allowed to continue in class”.

Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email News@Deeside.com  
(adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});