Posted: Thu 14th Nov 2019

Updated: Fri 15th Nov

General Election 2019: Candidates for both Flintshire seats announced

News and Info from Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales
This article is old - Published: Thursday, Nov 14th, 2019

The UK goes to the polls again on December 12 millions to vote in the third UK General Election in four years.

Prime Minister Boris Johnson is hoping secure a majority for the Conservatives as he bids to force through his Brexit deal.

Flintshire’s two constituencies, Alyn and Deeside and Delyn have historically been Labour safe seats but Conservatives feel they can make gains from Labour in north east Wales.

Pundits are predicting a tight race in Alyn and Deeside, Delyn, Wrexham, Clwyd South, Delyn and Vale of Clwyd. 

Nominations closed at 4pm today and Flintshire Council have published the formal documentation stating who is standing and for which party. 

Candidates standing in Alyn and Deeside


Candidates standing in Delyn

Have you registered to vote?

You can register to vote quickly and easily online.

To vote in a General Election you must:

  • be registered to vote
  • be 18 or over on the day of the election (‘polling day’)
  • be a British, Irish or qualifying Commonwealth citizen
  • be resident at an address in the UK (or a British citizen living abroad who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years)
  • not be legally excluded from voting

You will need to give your date of birth and your National Insurance (NI) number.  If you don’t know your NI number, get in touch with HMRC

Register to vote online

Each member of the household must now register individually, and provide their National Insurance number and date of birth to identify them.

Previously, one person in each household would register all the eligible residents at that address on the annual canvas form.

Instead, now you will receive an annual ‘household enquiry form’ and must add anyone over the age of 16 who is resident in your home.

Anyone not already registered at that address will be sent an invitation to register to vote.

Once you have registered, you will only need to re-register if you change address. However, you should complete and return the household enquiry form, which you will receive every year.

Who can register?

You can register to vote if you are both:

  • aged 16 or over (or 14 or over in Scotland)
  • a UK citizen (or an Irish, EU or Commonwealth citizen with a permanent UK address)

Click here to visit !

Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email:


Amazon begins recruiting for new Deeside ‘last mile’ delivery station


Lighting bolt blasts hole in roof of house in Chester


Armed police units deployed to Chester services following reports of a man in a vehicle with a gun


Welsh Government free school transport consultation extended to include distances children travel


Meet the young Hawarden woman taking the lead in shaping National Lottery funding in Wales


Mountain rescue team called to assist with injured woman in Wepre Park


Police recover makeshift weapon following Connah’s Quay drugs raid


Almost 100 new homes could be built on former Buckley manufacturing plant site


New childcare facility could be created at Shotton primary school to increase pupil numbers