Wrexham Stage 2 Tour of Britain – Wrexham details and full confirmed route map released
Wrexham is welcoming the return of the UK’s most prestigious cycle race, the Tour of Britain, for the first time in eight years this September.
Wrexham is in a unique position within the 2023 Tour being the only region to host both a start and finish.
Key event information:
- The start and finish line will both be located on Chester Street
- Cyclists are expected to leave at 11:45am via Powell Road roundabout and onto Chester Road
- Cyclists are expected to return at approx. 2:30pm via Tuttle Street, Yorke Street and onto Chester Street
- The staged area will be on the Library car park
- The Tour Village and additional activities/stalls will be on Llwyn Isaf
- Crowd barriers will be placed along either side of the road from the Powell Road roundabout down to Tuttle Street.
On-street parking and deliveries will not be permitted along the last 8km of the route between the hours of 10am-3pm (Chester Street restrictions detailed below). Any vehicle left unattended may be removed from site and taken to a secure compound, where a fee will need to be paid for its release.
Llwyn Isaf will be hosting a tour village on the day that will include the Official Tour of Britain stands, Local stallholders, Inflatable play equipment plus Cycling activities and obstacle courses
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com