How to get an NHS Covid pass in Wales
The NHS COVID Pass lets you share your coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination records and test results in a secure way.
It allows you to prove to others that you have been vaccinated, or that you have had a negative lateral flow test result. This could be for:
- travelling abroad
- attending large events and venues in Wales
- attending events elsewhere in the UK
- showing your employer that you are fully vaccinated and are not required to self-isolate if you’re identified as a contact (excludes household contacts)
It will take up to 14 days after your vaccination before it shows in your NHS COVID pass.
Who can get an NHS COVID Pass in Wales
You can get an NHS COVID Pass if you are aged 16 or over and:
- you were vaccinated in Wales, England, Scotland, Northern Ireland of Isle of Man
- permanently registered with a Welsh GP
- you are not vaccinated but want to use the Pass to show a negative lateral flow test result
An NHS COVID pass is deemed as one of the below:
- A digital NHS COVID pass
- A paper NHS COVID pass
- A negative Lateral Flow Test (LFT) result within the past 48 hours
- Additionally, confirmation of a positive test within the last 6 months which has been followed by the appropriate period of isolation (i.e., 10 days) – can be evidenced via the COVID pass and also by text or email
Examples of what the COVID passes look like are displayed here:
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to get your COVID Pass:
STEP 1 – CLICK ON THIS LINK
CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR COVID PASS
STEP 2 – YOU WILL NEED TO LOG IN OR REGISTER FOR AN NHS ACCOUNT
You will be asked for your NHS number, but don’t worry if you don’t have this to hand.
STEP 3 – YOU MAY BE ASKED TO DO SOME SECURITY CHECKS
To prove your identity, this includes providing a photo of your ID and recording a short video of yourself.
STEP 4 – ONCE PROCESSED
Your NHS Covid pass will be available on your Phone, Tablet or Computer. The NHS Covid pass uses your NHS account to prove your vaccination status and your recent Coronavirus Test results.
THE NHS COVID PASS IS VALID FOR 30 DAYS BEFORE YOU NEED TO RENEW IT. THIS IS TO KEEP IT SECURE.
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com