Discarded fish hook injures 16 week old puppy and lands owner with a £117 vets bill
A dog owner was left with an £117 emergency vet bill after his puppy got a fishing hook stuck in her tongue.
Paul Simon was walking Roxy, a 16 week old Welsh Collie, along Connahs Quay docks on Friday when she spotted rubbish along the path and was attracted to a rolled up newspaper that Paul believes had previously contained bait.
Moments later she yelped in pain as a large barbed fishing hook, with line still attached, got lodged in her tongue.
Three anglers who were fishing close by came over to help, one of them giving Paul a lift back home.
“Roxy cried loudly and was really agitated, she tried to pull the the hook out at first,but I just had to try and keep her calm to save her from ripping it out. I’d really like to thank the men who offered their help”.
Roxy, who was a rescue dog from Capricorn animal rescue was taken to Grange vets in Mold where the hook was removed.
Paul wants to warn other dog owners to be vigilant while walking their dogs around Connahs Quay docks.
“The vast majority of anglers are always responsible and make sure they tidy up after themselves, but the act of leaving hooks rolled up in discarded paper after containing bait is wholly irresponsible.
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com