Cat dies in Connah’s Quay after suspected poisoning.
RSPCA Cymru is appealing for information following a suspected cat poisoning in Connah’s Quay.
RSPCA inspector Jenny Anderton was called to Golftyn Drive, Connah’s Quay, Deeside on 22 June to attend to a collapsed cat.
“The black and white cat was shaking and not in a good way,” said inspector Anderton.
Luckily the cat was microchipped and the owner could be traced straight away.
Inspector Anderton said: “His name was Pinocchio and he was only 18 months old. His owners took him to the vets and sadly on veterinary advice he was put to sleep due to suspected poisoning.
“We believe he ingested it on the afternoon of 21 June. His family are understandably very upset about what has happened.
“Pinocchio rarely went far so it is likely that it happened close by. We don’t know whether this incident was accidental or deliberate or who may have done it.
“Poisoning a cat deliberately is a criminal offence. We’re urging anyone with information to come forward and contact the RSPCA Inspectorate information line on 0300 123 8018. Calls will be treated in confidence.
“We also would like to remind pet owners to be vigilant and keep an eye on their cats’ well being.”
Potential signs of poisoning could include vomiting, seeming depressed/sleepy, appearing drunk and uncoordinated, seizures, difficulty breathing, increased thirst, increased urination.
Under the Animal Welfare Act 2006, the maximum penalty for those found guilty of cat poisoning is up to six months imprisonment and/or a fine of up to £20,000.
Picture: File Image
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com