Refuse and recycling collections over the festive period in Flintshire
Flintshire County Council has confirmed that there will be no collections of refuse or recycling on Christmas Day or Boxing Day.
In addition, there will be no recycling or refuse collection on New Year’s Day.
If your bins are due to be collected on Wednesday or Thursday of Christmas week or on Wednesday, January 1st – you can search here for details of your re-scheduled collection.
Flintshire Council deals with a large upsurge in waste during the festive period including additional packaging, wrapping paper, jars, bottles, foil and food.
These are some of items used over the festive period which can be recycled.
- Food and drink cartons need only a quick rinse, and can be flattened to save space in your recycling – place in your plastics sack.
- All glitter-free greeting cards can be recycled. If possible, tear off the glitter section as well as any non-paper items like badges and batteries.
- Many of us will be recycling wrapping paper after Christmas. However which type can be recycled? Try the Scrunch Test: if you scrunch it and it bounces back, it can’t be recycled. Also please remove sticky tapes, labels and ribbons.
- Cardboard toothpaste boxes, toilet roll inner tubes, toothbrush packaging, boxes for face cream and other toiletries can all be recycled.
- Clean foil containers and foil food wrap, such as mince pie trays, chocolate coin cases, clean foil wrap can all be recycled, please keep it clean (free of food residue and grease), scrunched into ball and place in your cans an tins sack.
- Electrical and battery operated waste can be taken to any of the five Household Recycling Centres (HRCs) for recycling, please don’t place these items in the black bin.
Don’t forget the classics!
- Magazines, comics, newspapers, catalogues can all be recycled in the blue bag.
- Cardboard boxes please flatten it saves space.
- Empty aerosols, tins and cans can all be recycled in your grey sacks.
- Plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays can be recycled.
- Food waste – replacement liners are available at the Flintshire connects centres, HRCs or tie a bag to the handle of the container on collection day.
- Food waste – teabags please continue to recycle these in your food waste, along with any plate scrapes and unusable left overs. Full list found here.
Taking it down to the tip.
All household waste recycling centres (tips) will be open throughout the festive period except for Christmas Day.
For the location of a Waste and Recycling Centre close to you click here – opening times are as follows:
Christmas Eve – 9am – 5pm
Christmas Day – Closed
Boxing Day – 9am – 5pm
27 and 28 December – 9am – 5pm
29 December – 9am – 4pm
30 December – 9am – 5pm
New Year’s Eve – 9am – 4pm
New Year’s Day – 9am – 5pm
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com