Police are reminding residents not to let warm weather lead to lax security measures.
When temperatures rise there can be opportunities for thieves as people leave windows and doors open and valuable items such as tools and bicycles insecure.
Here are some simple tips to reduce the chances of being a victim of such crime this summer.
- Always close and lock your doors and windows when you are not at home
- Close and lock doors of rooms you are not using
- Don’t leave patio or conservatory doors and windows open or unlocked
- Lock up before going to bed.
- Don’t leave any bicycles or tools out. Keep them locked away, note serial numbers and keep a photographic record of valuable property, such as bicycles.