EPIC: Snoop Dogg helps push Deeside based Moneysupermarket profits up by 26%
Moneysupermarket.com, the UK’s biggest price comparison website based in Ewloe has seen revenue grow by 10 per cent to £225.6m, which represents a slowdown in top line growth versus the previous years.
Dogg, Lion Snoop person going all Starsky and Hutch promoting the company
Trading within the Group has been largely consistent with the trends seen in the fourth quarter of 2013 with strong growth in TravelSupermarket.com and MoneySavingExpert.com, offset by Home Services, where growth rates have slowed.
Peter Plumb, MoneySuperMarket.com Chief Executive Officer, said:
“We invested across the business last year and it paid off nicely with higher revenues, profits up 26%, and a dividend that was tripled as we returned over £100m to shareholders.
We won’t stand still – we’ll build on our innovation in 2013 by doubling our capital investment for 2014, and bringing market leading services in Travel and Insurance to customers’ mobiles and desktops.
Our goal is to save more people more money in 2014, and we’re on course to deliver that.”
- Revenue increased by 10% to £225.6m (2012: £204.8m);
- Gross margin increased to 77.8% (2012: 74.1%);
- Adjusted EBITDA increased by 26% to £84.0m (2012: £66.5m);MoneySavingExpert.com continues to trade well, generating £13.3m EBITDA (2012: £2.8m);
- Adjusted EBITDA margins increased by 5 percentage points to 37%;
- Excellent cash conversion at 105% of adjusted EBITDA;
- Net debt of £21.1m (2012: net cash £18.6m) reflecting the payment of a £70m special dividend to shareholders during the year;
- Ordinary dividend for the year increased by 27% to 7.28p per share;
- Final dividend increased 30% to 5.12p per share (2012: 3.94p per share).
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com