NOTE: This content is old - Published: Sunday, May 14th, 2017.
Deeside Ramblers have a good variety of walks planned for May with distances from 4 to 10 miles, evening walks and a walk with a pub lunch. No excuse for being a couch
No excuse for being a couch potato!
According to Public Health England, inactivity has been linked to increased rates of cancer, heart disease, dementia, thinning of bones and arthritis.
Sedentary lifestyles has been blamed for as many as one in six deaths.
- 7.00pm, Wednesday 3 May, Coed-y-Felin, meet at Coed-y-Felin car park, Hendre (4 miles)
- 10am, Sunday 7 May, Marian Mills, meet at layby opposite Jones Bros Garage, Rhuallt (10 miles)
- 7.00pm, Tuesday 9 May, Moel Llys-y- Coed, meet at Moe Arthur car park (4.5 miles)
- 7.00pm, Wednesday 17 May, Pen-y-Ball and Pantasaph, meet at bottom of Pen-y-Ball hill. (4.5 miles)
- 10am, Saturday 20 May, Caergwrie and Hope Mountain Round, meet at car park near Old Castle Inn, Caergwrie (6 miles)
- 7.00pm, Tuesday 23 May, Garth Mill, meet at Llinegar Inn, Ffynnongroyw (4.5 miles)
- 10am, Wednesday 24 May, Around Acton Bridge, meet at the Leigh Arms, Acton Bridge (5 miles) Optional pub lunch,
- 7.00pm, Wednesday 31 May, Chester Walls and the Meadows, meet at River Lane, Handbridge (4 miles)
For any further information please contact David Jones on 01244537440 or have a look at the website : www.deesideramblers.org.uk
Pictured are Deeside Ramblers at Dyserth waterfall on a walk led by Nick and Elsie Roberts, members of the group.