Posted: Tue 2nd Jun 2020

Updated: Tue 2nd Jun

Armed police and helicopter attend Broughton Retail Park

News and Info from Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales

UPDATE: It’s been confirmed by Cheshire Police that officers were searching for a man wanted in connection with an robbery in Cheshire.

A police spokesperson said: “At around 3.15pm today, Tuesday 2 June, local officers, supported by armed officers, attended Broughton Retail Park as part of a search for a man wanted in connection to robbery in Cheshire.

Officers conducted a thorough search of the area and were unable to locate the man. However they have seized a vehicle in connection with to incident.”

UPDATE: The police helicopter has left the area and returned to the nearby airport base.

North Wales Police have told us the operation was led by Cheshire Police.

Original information below.

There are multiple reports that armed police are attending Broughton Shopping centre this afternoon.

Several people have been in touch to say there are multiple police cars, including dog units, at the Tesco end of the retail park.

The police helicopter is overhead.

No official detail has been released as of yet, however we have asked North Wales Police for comment.

More shortly.

Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email:


Face coverings set to become mandatory in shops across England from 24 July


Police urged to tackle ‘epidemic’ of public drug taking in Flintshire


Police raid Sealand premises as part of international operation against production of illegal drugs


TNS legal bid against FAW decision to end season and award Nomads JD Cymru Premier title fails


Face coverings set to become mandatory on public transport in Wales


Police deal with over 40 people after officers given enhanced stop and search powers in Shotton over the weekend


North Wales recruitment firm hosts free webinar to help business leaders succeed in the ‘new normal’


Hairdressers, barbers and outdoor hospitality reopens today


NEWSAR team called to Wepre Park on Sunday after teen suffer leg injury