Posted: Mon 21st Mar 2016

Police investigating hoax bomb threat made to Connah’s Quay High School

This article is old - Published: Monday, Mar 21st, 2016

Police are investigating hoax bomb threat made to Connah’s Quay High School. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

Officers were called to the school today Monday March 21st, after it was reported a post had been made on Facebook threatening the school. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

In what the school are describing as a rogue post the person posting the threat states: ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

‘Right now there is a bomb strapped in my jacket! I am currently stood in the girls bathroom of the middle floor, anybody who enters, the school will get blown to pieces! It goes Anybody calls the emergancy (sic) services? Bye bye school, me and some of my friends are currently working on something and are using this bathroom! ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

Police say they were called at 12.10pm following the threat, Sgt Wesley Williams said; ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

“We were called to bomb alert at the school at 12.10pm today.  It was quickly established that this was a hoax call which we are currently investigating.” ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

Flintshire County Council confirmed there had been a hoax alert on social media in relation to Connah’s Quay High School, a spokesperson said; ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

Whilst the disruption and concern caused by such an incident is always regrettable, key priorities are always to ensure that everyone is safe and to minimise disruption to learning. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

Any threat is reported immediately to police who promptly assess the situation. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

The School Deputy Head Ann Peers published a statement this afternoon on the school website reassuring pupils and parents saying; ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

I can confirm that this was a hoax, the school has worked with the police to ensure that this was the case. We have taken every precaution to ensure the safety of learners and staff at the school. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

The school continues to operate as business as usual. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

Screenshot from 2016-03-21 17:04:34 ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

Greg Dixon Headteacher said: ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

“The first priority is to make sure children and staff are safe and then to minimise disruption to learning. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​

“If a threat was assessed as credible we would immediately evacuate the school. Police are investigating the incident, but believed the alerts to be false and pupils were allowed to continue in class”. ‌​‌‌‌​‌‌‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​‍‌​‌‌‌​‌​


Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com

Latest News

  • Countess of Chester Hospital gets approval for new £110m women’s and children’s services building
  • Minister warns of “unintended consequences” of hiking taxes to fund NHS pay
  • Tesco offering free blood pressure checks to all shoppers and Welsh residents on Valentine’s day

  • More...

    Countess of Chester Hospital gets approval for new £110m women’s and children’s services building

    News

    Minister warns of “unintended consequences” of hiking taxes to fund NHS pay

    News

    Tesco offering free blood pressure checks to all shoppers and Welsh residents on Valentine’s day

    News

    400,000 families in Wales to receive next Cost of Living Payment in Spring

    News

    Digital pound could be in use by end of decade

    News

    Durham University bound student from Flintshire wins science award for outstanding A-level results

    News