Posted: Sat 14th Nov 2015

We stand together with France.

News and Info from Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales
This article is old - Published: Saturday, Nov 14th, 2015

The Senedd, home of the Welsh Government, has been illuminated this evening in the colours of the French Tricolore as a mark of respect for those who died in the horrific attacks in Paris on Friday Night.

Iconic buildings and monuments across the World have also been lit in the blue, white and red of the French flag in a show solidarity with the people of Paris.

CTyXJoAUAAAIDyU

First Minister Carwyn Jones said ‘we should be ready’ for Welsh victims of the attacks 

Speaking following a meeting of the emergency Cobra (COBR) committee chaired by Prime Minster David Cameron, Mr Jones told the BBC:

“The first thing is that we are not clear if there are casualties from Britain and we should prepare ourselves for the possibility that there may be casualties from Britain and indeed from Wales.”

At a news conference this eveing, Paris prosecutor Francois Molins has confirmed 129 people were killed in Friday’s attacks and another 352 injured.

The Foreign Office has confirmed one Briton had died and says there could be a “handful” of other British fatalities.

Screenshot from 2015-11-14 19:30:57

Welsh Secretary of State Stephen Crabb said ‘Wales stands in solidarity with Paris’ 

“The horrific scenes we saw unfold on the streets of Paris last night were sickening acts of terror that were designed to shake us, divide us and destroy our strong faith in tolerance and liberty.

For Paris to have had to endure two such brutal episodes in one year is beyond belief and our hearts go out to that city. Such a tragic loss of so many innocent lives at the hands of callous murderers will never be forgotten.

My own personal attachment to the city and to the nation of France has made the events of the last 24 hours all the more difficult to understand.

My thoughts and prayers are with those in France who have lost loved ones, and with the French communities here in the UK. Wales stands in solidarity with you. We will continue do all we can to confront extremism and terrorism in all its forms.”

Insensitive.

One north Wales Newspaper came in for heavy criticism last night as the events were still unfolding.

The Daily Post asked followers of their Facebook page to “please get in touch” if they knew anybody from north Wales who may have been in Paris on Friday evening.

Within seconds comment after comment hit the Facebook page with outraged ‘friends’ questioning their intentions and the timing of the post.

XNzJ0-zW

The barrage of comments grew each one attracting many ‘likes’ from other users, within twenty minutes the newspapers post had been removed.

Prayers.

Special prayers will be said tomorrow at St Mary’s Church, Broughton, and a minute silence will be kept to remember those killed in Paris.

Screen Shot 2015-11-14 at 21.42.50

 

Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: [email protected]
Latest News

  • Police seek public assistance in identifying suspect in Saltney wallet theft
  • 200-million-year-old ‘three-eyed’ reptiles get new home at Chester Zoo
  • North Wales PCC Andy Dunbobbin prioritises tackling retail crime

  • More...

    Police seek public assistance in identifying suspect in Saltney wallet theft

    News

    200-million-year-old ‘three-eyed’ reptiles get new home at Chester Zoo

    News

    North Wales PCC Andy Dunbobbin prioritises tackling retail crime

    News

    Eluned Morgan set to become first minister after being appointed new leader of Welsh Labour

    News

    The Cottage Nursing Home in Mold set to reopen

    News

    Countess of Chester: Topping out ceremony marks significant milestone for new Women and Children’s Building   

    News

    Camping or caravanning this summer? Take carbon monoxide seriously – RoSPA and Wales & West Utilities

    News

    Holywell youth project praised North Wales Police and Crime Commissioner

    News

    Flintshire Council faces backlash over three-weekly bin collections

    News