The latest edition of ‘Health Statistics Wales’ published today -10th Oct
The latest edition of ‘Health Statistics Wales’ is published today, containing a wide range of statistical information on the health of the population and the range and quality of health services in Wales. This statistical release presents a selection of information contained in the publication.
The headline stats newspaper editors love:
- 23 per cent of adults in Wales reported smoking at least occasionally.
- 42 per cent of adults in Wales reported consuming alcohol above the recommended daily limit on at least one day in the past week, including 26 per cent who reported binge drinking.
- Over half of adults (59 per cent) were classified as overweight or obese.
- Over one in three children were classified as overweight or obese, including one in five who were classified as obese.
- 1 in 5 adults in Wales reported being treated for high blood pressure.
- 1 in 11 adults in Wales reported being treated for a heart condition.
- 1 in 9 adults in Wales reported being treated for a mental illness.
- 1 in 11 children in Wales were reported as being treated for asthma.
If you enjoy excel documents, there are many more from today`s health report here http://wales.gov.uk
And here is the start of our health data page: data
Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com