North Wales Police Open Day at Force HQ in Colwyn Bay this Saturday
North Wales Police Open Day takes place this Saturday at the Force HQ in Colwyn Bay.
Visitors will see displays by the Armed Alliance Unit and Dog Section, tour the police helicopter with the team from the National Police Air Service and see how Roads Policing deal with a serious road traffic collision.
There will be an opportunity to meet the Chief Officer Team and speak to Crime Scene Investigators.
Other emergency services will be joining the event, such as the North Wales Fire and Rescue Service, the Welsh Ambulance Service and the Coastguard and colleagues from Mountain Rescue and the RNLI.
The recruitment window for Special Constables and Police Constables will be open and there will be an opportunity to speak to members of the Special Constabulary, who are also policing the event.
The Recruiting Team will also be on hand and police staff volunteers will also be in attendance to talk about the special part they play as part of Team North Wales Police.
- A Dog Section display and an opportunity to meet the handlers and some of the newly-recruited dogs
- Meet the Cyber Crime Team and get advice on how to stay safe online
- Meet the Firearms Team, explore their patrol vehicles, see some of the armoury they use and visit their ‘hide’
- See the helicopter land and meet the team from the National Police Air Service*
- Meet the Rural Crime Team and see some of their exhibits such as prohibited animal traps
- Learn about the work of the Volunteer Police Cadets
- Meet some of the Crime Scene Investigation Team and ‘have a go’ at being a CSI
- See the BikeSafe trailer and learn about the free BikeSafe workshops
- Meet the School Community Police Officers and Tarian, the programme mascot
- See how the Joint Underwater Search Team operate
- See various operational police vehicles and motorcycles and learn more about the work of the Forensic Collision Investigation Unit
Chief Constable Mark Polin said:
This is our fifth Open Day and we’ve always been overwhelmed with how successful they have been and how well they have been supported by local residents, visitors and some of our staff and their families.
For a while we have had queries via our social media channels and our website on whether we will be running the event again and I am pleased to confirm that we will be doing so this Saturday.
We were originally planning on holding the event back in June but due to the horrific event in Manchester and the fact that we were assisting colleagues at Greater Manchester Police we decided to postpone the day.
A great deal of planning involving ourselves and partners goes into the event, so to postpone the day was not a decision that was taken lightly.”
North Wales Police will be supporting the Guide Dogs charity as part of the Force’ effort to help raise £2,500 to support a Guide Dog puppy. Other charities will also be in attendance such as the Wales Air Ambulance and COPS (Care of Police Survivors).
- Visitors can come along on the day to Police Headquarters, Colwyn Bay, LL29 8AW between 11am and 4pm. The event will be signposted.
- Free parking will be available at nearby car park’s including Conwy County Borough Council’s car park, situated at the rear of Headquarters, on a first come first served basis. Disabled parking will also be available here. For sat nav directions please use LL29 8AW. Other car parks will be signposted.
- It will be a busy weekend so please plan your route to avoid delays. If parking nearby please show consideration to local residents (please don’t block driveways).
- Food, refreshments and ice cream will be available to purchase on the day.
- No dogs are allowed on site except guide dogs.
For more information regarding the Open Day please visit our Twitter and Facebook pages and follow #NWPOpenDay.
*Subject to operational demand and weather permittingSpotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: News@Deeside.com
Public Notice Advert