Posted: Sun 6th May 2018

Police respond to incident at Bethel Place flats in Connah’s Quay

News and Info from Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales
This article is old - Published: Sunday, May 6th, 2018

Update: A video posted on Twitter by Cheshire and North Wales Alliance Armed Policing Unit shows a door being forcibly opened a spokesperson for the unit said:

“Footage from a firearms job in Connah’s Quay earlier after reports a male stabbed in the head. One of our Advanced MOE officers forcing entry at an address. One of a variety of tools we have to get the job done.”

It is not known at this stage if this relates to the earlier incident at Bethel Place.

There were reports this morning of a large police response to an incident outside Bethel Place flats in Connah’s Quay.

Eyewitnesses told as many as 9 police vehicles were present outside the front and rear of the High Street flats at around 9am on Sunday morning, an ambulance was also seen in the same location.

An area outside the flats was cordoned off as police officers dealt with the incident which North Wales Police have, as yet not – released any details about.

By 10.30am the main emergency response had wound down and crime scene investigators dressed in white forensic suits were seen working outside the flats.

Jas Jones who sent the picture below showing two crime scene investigation units and a police van said he saw plain clothed officers “searching around in bushes.”

Bt 2pm crime scene investigators had left the location, police tape remained in place preventing anyone from walking to the entrance of flats numbered 10 to 16.

Two pools of dried blood could still be seen on the steps with a trail of blood leading up towards the entrance of the flats.

Bethal Place flats were at the centre of a police murder investigation following the death of Matthew Cassidy in May 2017.

The 19-year-old from Merseyside was stabbed nine times in the stairwell of flats in a dispute between rival drugs gangs.

David Woods, 20, from Liverpool pleaded guilty to his murder, Leslie Baines, 48, from Deeside was found guilty after a two-week trial at Mold Crown Court.

They will both be sentenced on 21 May.


Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email:

Public Notice Advert


Latest News

  • Health Minister ‘hopeful 8am bottleneck’ for accessing GPs ‘has gone’ – as new local recruitment highlighted
  • Police: A494 in Alltami closed following ‘traffic incident’
  • Letby appeal bid set to be heard in April

  • More...

    Health Minister ‘hopeful 8am bottleneck’ for accessing GPs ‘has gone’ – as new local recruitment highlighted


    Police: A494 in Alltami closed following ‘traffic incident’


    Letby appeal bid set to be heard in April


    Deeside-based international clothing distributor poised for huge growth after bank backing


    Transport Secretary Mark Harper hosts talks on £1bn North Wales Rail upgrade


    Ofgem: Energy bills to fall by around 12% as new price cap is announced


    Welsh Parliament narrowly rejects call for Wales-specific Covid-19 inquiry


    Hawarden: Belzona strengthens UK presence with new £3m state-of-the-art facility


    Mold: MS praises ‘inspirational’ social enterprise “empowering” the community