Posted: Fri 28th Aug 2020

Fire service issues safety advice after faulty dishwasher causes blaze in Connah’s Quay house

News and Info from Deeside, Flintshire, North Wales
This article is old - Published: Friday, Aug 28th, 2020

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service have issued advice to residents following a fire at a house in Connah’s Quay which was caused by a faulty dishwasher.

Fire crews received were called to a house at Deans Place just before 10pm on Thursday night.

Two appliances from Deeside attended the address, firefighters using breathing apparatus tackled the blaze with a hose reel jet.

A fire service spokesperson said: “Two adults escaped before crews arrived to find a heavily smoke-logged kitchen. Luckily the fire was confined to the kitchen.”

“Follow our advice on white goods safety (click here) and make sure you have a working smoke alarm.”

Spotted something? Got a story? Send a Facebook Message | A direct message on Twitter | Email: [email protected]
Latest News

  • Plans to install 12 new electric vehicle charging points at a Ewloe hotel refused
  • Reindeer Lodge in Leeswood threatened by council decision
  • Police seek public’s help to identify suspect in Connah’s Quay club break-in

  • More...

    Plans to install 12 new electric vehicle charging points at a Ewloe hotel refused

    News

    Reindeer Lodge in Leeswood threatened by council decision

    News

    Police seek public’s help to identify suspect in Connah’s Quay club break-in

    News

    North Flintshire Police report “staggering” 162 calls for service over weekend

    News

    People of North Wales urged to have their say on policing

    News

    Chester Zoo’s festive light trail to feature “more animal lantern puppets than ever before.”

    News

    Martin Lewis tops list of celebrities in scam ads

    News

    Local businesses urged to back Flint’s Community Fridge

    News

    Wrexham University awarded for its support for Armed Forces community

    News