Four people remain in custody following armed police incident in Rhyl

North Wales Police have released another update this morning in relation to the incident in Rhyl last night the say:

“Following an incident earlier in the day at Rhyl High Street a planned policing operation took place in Rhyl last night, Monday 24th April, during which a vehicle was forcibly stopped and four men were arrested.

Chief Inspector Paul Joyce said: “We can confirm that police are continuing to deal with an ongoing incident and we would like to thank the public for their patience and assistance.”

“We appreciate that the community are concerned by this incident, and would like to re-iterate that no shooting took place. The four men remain in police custody and officers are continuing to patrol the area around Wellington Road.”

From last night;

North Wales Police say they are dealing with an ongoing incident on Wellington Road in Rhyl this evening, Monday April 24.

First reports began to emerge around 9pm with images posted on social media showing armed police units responding to an incident, Wellington Road has been cordoned off.

While the nature of the incident is unclear, concerned residents have taken to social media with suggestions that gunshots had been heard.

Police have issued a statement in a move to reassure the local community and quash social media rumours of a shooting in the area.

Chief Inspector Martin Best, North Wales Police said:

“We can confirm that police are currently dealing with an ongoing incident on Wellington Road in Rhyl.

We are aware of suggestions circulating on social media that there has been a shooting, however we can confirm this is not the case.

We would like to reassure the local community that officers remain in and around the area of Wellington Road which remains under police cordon.

We can also confirm that four people have been arrested in connection with the incident and all four remain in police custody.”